1. Canberra Motorcycle Centre is an organisation that is bound by the Privacy Principles under the Privacy ACT 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) ACT 2012. You may obtain a full copy of the APP’s from the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
2. This policy outlines how Canberra Motorcycle Centre will deal with information obtained by it which is covered by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s). The kind of personal information that Canberra Motorcycle Centre will collect when you request a product or service will be:
- Full name and address.
- Contact phone number and/or email address.
- Date of birth.
- Type of product or service you are enquiring about.
- Financial history and financial details such as your tax file number.
- Credit card number.
- Other information we think is necessary.
3. Canberra Motorcycle Centre will only collect information that we reasonably need to conduct our business and will only collect information directly from you. The main purpose that Canberra Motorcycle Centre holds personal information collected from you is for the following reasons:
- Process your purchase or service/repair request.
- Provide you with information about products and services.
- Allow amendment to your purchase or service/repairs requirements.
- Provide confirmations or tax invoices in respect of your purchase.
- Confirm your identity when you purchase.
- Retention of sales and vehicle service history for warranty purposes.
- Deal with feedback or complaints from you.
- Answer questions you have.
- Correspond with you in relation to promotions and special offers.
- Correspond with you in relation to service related announcements via email or text message.
- Process employment application.
- Retention of employment application details for future vacancies.
- Respond to queries in relation to sales or workshop services.
4. For prospective employees and employment applications, the type of information collected by Canberra Motorcycle Centre will include:
- Name and address.
- Contact phone number and/or email address.
- Employment history.
- Education and qualifications.
- Website analytics: Canberra Motorcycle centre uses statistics gathering software on its website to collect visitor’s information. The software records IP address, device hardware and software information. We use this information to improve our site performance and structure. We also use this information to determine and analyse the use of our website.
- Use of "Cookies": Cookies are pieces of information that a web site can transfer to an individual's computer in order to allow that web site to store information about user details. You can control how cookies are used on your computer or device by changing your browser settings. However, doing this might mean that parts of our websites and apps may not work as intended.
6. Canberra Motorcycle Centre may collect information when we deal with you by telephone, when you send us communication by letter, email or facsimile, when you visit our website or when you visit our store directly.
7. Canberra Motorcycle Centre may contract out services to a third party which carries out a service that cannot be performed by Canberra Motorcycle Centre at our premises. We will only disclose related information to the delivery of the products or services you have requested and with your consent. The type of third party or personal information that may be given to these companies include:
- Financial institutions performing or providing financial services on behalf of Canberra Motorcycle Centre.
- Processing of credit card payments and electronic fund transfers.
- Credit history reference checks.
- Supply personal information to manufacturers for warranty registration and activation purposes.
8. Canberra Motorcycle Centre may also disclose your Personal Information without your consent in some situations which may include:
- Lessening or preventing a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or safety.
- Taking appropriate action in relation to suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
- Locating a person reported as missing.
- The disclosure is required by law.
9. Canberra Motorcycle Centre is committed to protecting your personal information and the security of your personal information. Some of the security measures Canberra Motorcycle Centre uses include:
- Compliance to PCI Data Security Standards in relation to credit card transactions.
- Firewalls that protect against unauthorised access to your data and our internal servers and network.
- Use of SSL for data encryption where appropriate.
- Virus scanning tools.
- Management of access privileges.
- Secure destruction of data no longer required.
10. You may request access to any personal information Canberra Motorcycle Centre holds in relation to you. We will allow you access to your personal information unless there are certain legal reasons why we can’t. We will give you access to information where the request is reasonable and practical. A small fee may be charged to cover our costs when giving you access, but we will always check with you first. Where Canberra Motorcycle Centre does not provide access a written explanation will be provided to you.
11. Canberra Motorcycle Centre will endeavour to ensure that your personal information is accurate. Canberra Motorcycle Centre will take reasonable steps to correct any inaccurate information.
12. This policy will be reviewed and monitored on a regular basis to ensure it remains current and practical to Canberra Motorcycle Centre’s requirements. Any changes will be posted by notification on our website.
13. If you have any concerns about the way personal information is managed by Canberra Motorcycle Centre, or believes that a breach of privacy has occurred, please make contact via the contact details given below.
14. If you would like further information about the way Canberra Motorcycle Centre manages the personal information held, or wish to speak to someone at our company about any privacy issues our contact details are as follows:
Mike Houston (CEO)
Canberra Motorcycle Centre
30 Ipswich Street
(PO Box 271)